…. whetting your taste bud one meal at a time.
Hello beautiful! Welcome to today’s blog post.
So I just realized that I have not shared any of my fried rice recipe on the blog. It’s just me procrastinating a lot, honey🤣. But you got me now. I also want to believe you have been waiting for it. Anything to make you happy😍.
There are a lot of fried rice recipes but this one is simple and nothing but the best. I would want to say that this fried rice recipe is inspired by Nigeria or rather African fried rice recipe. A lot of countries have their own fried rice recipe but trust me irrespective of where you are from, this is a must try!!!
Fried rice is one of the meal that never goes off the party menu💃🏽(owanbe). But fried rice and jollof rice which is the senior? Please answer in the comment section.
Now to the business of the day. Cooking fried rice is not as complicated as you think.
Don’t forget to Follow, Like and Comment. Like always, I will love to hear from you.
- 3 cups of basmati rice
- Chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 big onion
- Spring onions
- Green beans
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 scotch bonnet
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 stock cube
- Curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of crayfish
- Salt (to taste)
- Lightly parboil the rice, wash and set aside. Note: Be careful when using basmati rice, it can easily get smushy if you don’t know how to cook it.
- Wash and chop all the vegetables and onions. Then set aside.
- Blend the scotch bonnet. Set aside.
- Sieve the chicken broth into a pot. Add enough curry powder, thyme, salt, crayfish, blended scotch bonnet and bring to a boil. Now add the rice, add more water if required. The water should be at the same level as the rice. Mix together and adjust the taste if required. Then cook on a medium heat.
- Once the water is dried up, put aside.
- In a saucepan, add the olive oil, once the oil is hot, add the onions, stir and add the spring onions. Now add other vegetables and saute for 1 minute. Add the stock cube or salt if you like.
- Now depending on the size of your pan and the quantity of rice, divide the vegetables and bring it out in a separate plate. Gradually mix the rice and the vegetables together.
- Your fried rice is ready!!!! Serve and enjoy