…whetting your taste bud one meal at a time.
Hello everyone! I just want to quickly share with you this awesome recipe.
Grilled yam with some peppered sauce is a very easy and quick recipe. You can either prepare it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
The yam used for this recipe is Nigerian yam. I understand that different countries have plant that formed edible tubers named yam. This yam is still same in some African countries. This yam is delicious and can go with any sauce or eating oil of your choice.
For this recipe, I prepared the sauce with some sweet peppers and chopped chicken. For my followers in the United States or any other country outside Nigeria, know that you can get Yam from any African Store.
Trust me you will like this recipe. As always I will love to hear from you. Use the comment section and a huge thanks to you for stopping by.
• Sweet peppers 453grams
• Chicken breast
• 1 habanero pepper
• 1 medium onions
• Himalayan salt (to taste)
• Stock cubes
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• Measure and cut-out the quantity of the yam you want to prepare, peel and cut into long chunks. Wash and place on a drainer to drain the water.
• Turn the oven to 350 degrees. Place the yam on the oven rack or on a oven sheet and leave to grill. Check and turn the yam consistently. You can dip a toothpick to check when it’s done. Once it’s done, turn off the oven and put aside.
• Wash the chicken breast and chop into tiny pieces, then set aside.
• Wash and blend the peppers coarsely. Chop the onions and then set aside.
• Place a sauce pan on a medium heat. Add the olive oil then the chicken and saute for like 2minutes.
• Add the onions, stir and add the pepper mixtures, add salt and stock cubes. Allow to simmer for 2-3minutes.
• Then it’s done
Serve and enjoy!!!
I appreciate you reading😍😍