…. whetting your taste bud one meal at a time
Pepper soup is one the meal I like twisting the recipe. Have you tried preparing your pepper soup with a staple together? Goatmeat with plantain pepper soup is one of the best meal I enjoyed during my vacation last year in Pennsylvania. This recipe is a must try and it is perfect for any weather especially winter season.
Goat meat and plantain pepper soup is one of those meals that awakes my appetite whenever I lack the appetite to eat. You can read most of my previous articles on plantains to ascertain more information.
Most people have asked me if Plantain is my favorite, but you know what, it tastes so good and it’s a healthy choice.
The ingredients can be purchased in an open market if you reside in Nigeria or in African store if you reside abroad
I won’t bug you so much with how perfect it is. Just give it a try and share with us (using the comment section) your experience or how it worked out for you.
Don’t forget to FOLLOW MY BLOG for free, it will go a long way to encourage me.
• 4 Unripe Plantains
• 500g Goat Meat
• Pepper soup spice (2 tablespoons)
• 2 red fresh pepper
• 1 tablespoon of ground Cameroon pepper
• Salt (to taste)
• 2 stock cubes
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 inch of ginger root
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 small onions
• ½ tablespoon of rosemary spice
• Wash and thinly chop the onions, ginger garlic, and fresh pepper, then set aside.
• Wash, peel and slice the plantains, then set aside. See picture below…
• Wash the goat meat into a pot, add the chopped onions, garlic, and ginger. Add stock cubes, bay leaves, and salt. Add water to the level of the meat and place on medium-low heat to boil for about 10minutes.
• Now add the Plantain to cook with the meat, since it’s unripe it as well takes time to cook. Add water to be at the same level with the items in the pot. Allow to cook for about 20 mins or until both are almost soft.
• Add more water if required, pepper soup goes well with having enough water in it. Now you can add the pepper soup spice, ground pepper, the chopped fresh pepper and the rosemary spice. Allow it to cook till the goat meat and plantain is soft.
• Adjust the taste if required.
• It is done and ready to be served.