…. whetting your taste bud one meal at a time
Sometime last month I made this delicious sweetish coconut rice with a little twist. Now believe me when I tell you I have been craving for coconut rice prior to the preparation and It’ been a long while I made one.
This is a different way of preparing your rice aside from our usual jollof rice, plain rice/stew and so on. You know most times we get tired of eating the same thing at all time. Oh, my! That taste of coconut is amazing.
There are different coconut rice recipes, don’t forget to try out something new, you never know which will be your preference. The important part of it is the coconut milk that changes the whole taste. This recipe is a must try. It is simple and healthy.
For the first time, I added broccoli to my coconut rice and the outcome is amazing. So you know meat stock is a must in this recipe and I prepared my meat ahead of time. I used coconut oil to complete the coconut taste😂🤣
Aside from the normal health benefits of bell peppers and broccoli, it also added some colors to it.
So let’s get into it🤣. Make sure you give it a try and let us know how it worked for you. Also, let me know if there would be any food you want me to explore on the blog.
- 21/2 cups of parboiled rice
- 400 ml Coconut Milk (400 ml)
- 2 scotch bonnets
- 1 medium onions
- 2 know cube
- Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Coconut oil
- Crayfish (2 tsp)
- Cameroon pepper (ground)
- Bell peppers
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- Firstly, season the chicken with some chopped onions, stock cubes, thyme, curry powder, and salt. Placed on the stove and cook till tender. My aim is to get the stock, so I made sure the water doesn’t dry off.
- Chop all the peppers, scotch bonnet, tomatoes, onions and broccoli and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked. Put in the oven and grill. Set aside once grilled.
- Parboil the rice, wash and put in a sieve for the water to drain.
- Now set the pot on a stove, add the coconut oil, allow for a while and add the onions. Stir for a while and add the chopped scotch bonnet and tomatoes.
- Cook for few minutes, then add the coconut milk, chicken stock, stock cubes, crayfish, salt, any other seasoning and bring to boil.
- I added some Cameroon black pepper for some hotness. Then add the parboiled rice, add the meat stock, mix together and adjust the taste if required.
Note: when adding the meat stock, ensure its same level with the rice, so the rice doesn’t overcook.
- Seal the pot with a foil paper, place the lid and leave the stove on medium heat.
- Now place a skillet on a stove, add a little oil, add the chopped broccoli, a little salt and sauté for like 2 minutes.
- Check the rice, once the water is dried, turn off the stove. Add the broccoli and mix together.
- Your Veggies coconut rice is done.
Serve and enjoy with some orange juice🤣
Don’t forget to like, comment and share with your friends…xoxo!!!