…. whetting your taste bud one meal at a time.
Hello beautiful people! Welcome to today’s blog post.
Today I will be sharing this amazing recipe that I just discovered. Trust me you are gonna like it. Mashed plantain is one easy food you can’t go without. It is good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And it takes less than 1hour to be ready.
This recipe is filling and leaves you full for the rest of the day. Its a good source of energy and it helps in muscle building. If you really love plantains, then you have to try out this recipe.
Most people will normally fry the plantains before mashing them but this recipe is totally different. You just can’t resist the mouthwatering taste.
Before we proceed, check out my previous post on how to prepare baked mashed plantain HOW TO MAKE MASHED PLANTAIN
Now let’s get into it. Go ahead and hit the “Follow” button, Like and Comment. Like always, I will love to hear from you.
- 1 partly riped plantain and 1 unripened plantain
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 2 green chili pepper
- 1/2 of scotch bonnet
- 1 medium onions
- 3 tbspoons of Coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 stock cube
- Chopped lettuce leaves (as needed)
- Wash and peel the plantain, slice, and place in a pot. Add some water, then place on the stove to cook.
- Cut the bell pepper into strips. Slice the chili pepper and scotch bonnet. Slice the onions and set aside.
- Place a saucepan on a medium-low heat, add the coconut oil and allow to get hot. Add the sliced onions and sauté for a while, add the sliced peppers, stock cube, ginger, and garlic and sauté for 2minutes. Add the lettuce and take it off the stove.
- Once the plantain is tender, bring out the plantains, place in a bowl or mortar and mash with fork or pestle till you get the desired result. Add the plantain broth for more smoothness.
- Add the lightly cooked mixtures and mixed well until everything is incorporated together.
- Your mashed plantain is ready to be served.
Serve and enjoy!!