…. whetting your taste bud one meal at a time.
Hello everyone! Welcome to today’s blog post.
Today I will be sharing with you how I make my Jollof Spaghetti with beans. This an amazing recipe and it is easy to prepare. Spaghetti is one of the simple meal you can prepare and adding a twist to it takes it to a whole new level.
You can never go wrong with this recipe.
For this recipe, I added some chopped broccoli and chopped bell peppers. I used Kidney beans and for some reason, I like to rinse the kidney beans and cook it separately for a while.
This is a healthy recipe. There are tons of health benefits of beans and this combo provides you with the daily nutrients and energy.
Now let’s get into it. Don’t forget to Follow, Like and Comment. Like always, I will love to hear from you.
- Spaghetti (300g)
- Kidney beans (250ml)
- 11/2 Red bell pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- Some fresh tomatoes
- Tin tomatoes (100ml)
- 1 big onion
- 2 scotch bonnet
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 stock cubes
- Curry powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Seasoning flavor
- Put the spaghetti into a boiling water and cook until tender. Then, wash and pour into a sieve and set aside.
- Rinse the kidney beans and cook for a while. Pour into a sieve after cooking and set aside.
- Now wash and chop the broccoli, half of the onions and some of the bell peppers. Then set aside.
- Blend the fresh tomatoes, the rest of the bell peppers, onions and scotch bonnet. Pour into a pot and start cooking to dry up the excess water.
- Now add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes in a low heat. Whilst it’s still cooking, you can start adding the chopped onions, stock cube, curry and seasoning flavor.
- Add the olive oil, stir and allow to simmer. Add the beans, chopped broccoli and peppers and mix together.
- It’s time to add the spaghetti and properly mix together with a kitchen tong or spatula.
- Allow on a lower heat for about 1-2minutes.
- Adjust the taste if required.
It’s ready. Serve with cold juice.